Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Liquid Breakfast. Are YOU a calorie counter?


I whip up this quick liquid breakfast almost daily. It packs a powerful punch to start the day! Normally, it's a banana blueberry smoothie but since the raspberries were ripe on our bushes in our yard, I picked them fresh and made a banana raspberry drink. YUM!

I've never been a calorie counter but I was curious to know how many calories were required to maintain my current weight. I can't believe I've never looked this up before! If you are looking to lose a few pounds OR curious how many calories it takes to maintain your current weight, look
here.

My morning smoothie consists of 362 calories. Compare this with a McDonald's Bacon Egg &
Cheese Biscuit which has 440 calories, I think I'll stick with my healthy breakfast smoothie. To maintain my current weight, I have 1,349 calories left today. OMgosh! I'm counting calories!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Banana (average size, 108 calories)
  • 1/2 Cup 100% Juice (60 calories)
  • 1 Cup Raspberries (64 calories)
  • 1/2 Cup Organic Stoneyfield Fat Free Vanilla yogurt (90 calories)
  • 1 tablespoon Flax Seed (4o calories)
  • Ice cubes

No comments: