Friday, June 26, 2009

Oils for Diet & Beauty

After learning
How to read a label
and downloading the
Shopper's Guide To Safe Cosmetics,
I soon discovered there are toxic chemicals
lurking in many store-bought brands of
personal care and cosmetic products.
Toxic chemicals which are
linked to Breast Cancer, Alzheimer’s disease,
and a host of other serious health issues. YES!

After I checked the safety rating
of my own personal stash of lotions, deodorants,
toothpastes, facial cleanser, and cosmetics at the
Skin Deep database last year,
I immediately changed my daily
routine and product list.
  • I invested in only natural products.
  • Simplified my routine.
  • Use as few items as possible.
I now pass on the so-called "face cleansers",
"anti-aging serums,""soothing toners," and
"secret-of-youth" products that claim to be miracle workers.

I've since discovered the real miracle workers are:
  • Natural oils
  • Exercise
  • Healthy diet
EVOO (organic extra virgin olive oil) ,
EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil),
and Jojoba oil are staples in my beauty routine.
I've also incorporated
EVOO and EVCO into my daily diet.
Can you eat what you put on your skin?

Check the safety rating of your
personal care products
& cosmetics here.

EVOO can be used as a face cleanser
and makeup remover. And EVOO, EVCO, and
Jojoba Oil are all exceptional moisturizers
for the face, hands, and body.

  • Did you know your skin care products should be safe enough for you to eat? Yes!
  • Did you know that what you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream? Yes!
  • Did you know many of the products on the store shelves are filled with chemicals that are unhealthy for you? Yes!
  • Did you know that the FDA does NOT regulate what goes into cosmetics or personal care products? No, they do not!


No comments: