Monday, August 17, 2009

No more refined white sugar, white flour or aluminum!

Because I love to make a tasty quick bread, I looked closely at the ingredients to see how I could make a healthier loaf. Here are a few changes I'll be experimenting with...

SUGAR: Replacing white refined sugar with Sucanat or Organic Agave Nectar.
WHY?
76 Ways Sugar Can Ruin Your Health

BAKING SODA: Replacing baking soda with Bobs Red Mill Aluminum-Free Baking Soda.

BAKING POWDER: Replacing aluminum-based Calumet Baking Powder with Bob's Red Mill Non-Aluminum Baking Powder.
WHY? Aluminum Health Risks

FLOUR: Replacing white refined flour with King Aurther's 100% Organic White Whole Wheat flour.

WHY? Ugly Truths About White Flour

Let me know if you've been experimenting with any of the above ingredients!
How were your results?


No comments: